Teaching All Students

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Competency 6-Citation Pearl Strategy using WorldCat

I started off by truncating the words accessibility, disability and library. See below



This yielded me 5,393 results of which I picked the following article "Serving the disabled : a how-to-do-it manual for librarians" By Kieth C Wright; Judith F Davie
from this article I "grew the pearl". First I clicked on the article looking at the detailed record, then I looked at the descriptors for the article. The descriptors can be seen below.



I opted to click on the first descriptor "Libraries and people with disabilites-Handbook, Manuals etc." By doing this the records where narrowed down to 36 with 34 in English.



I then clicked on the "Searching" tab and deleted the phrases "Handbooks, manuals, etc." I then inserted the words "libraries" and "disabled" and hit search.



This narrowed my search down to 23 articles or pearls that are very usefull.

No comments:

Post a Comment